- 150g Butter
- 250g Short bread fingers (crushed)
- 250g White chocolate
- 300ml Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Dark rum (You could always leave this out)
- 300ml Double cream
- 250g Summer berries (preferably strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- Line a spring release cheese cake tin (20cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Melt 90g of the butter in a pan, once melted remove from the heat and add the crushed shortbread.
- Press the shortbread mix into the base of the tin and place in the fridge to chill.
- Break up the white chocolate into pieces and place in a small heat proof bowl with the left over butter, then place into a pan of simmering water and gently melt.
- Once melted, removed from the pan and mix in the sour cream and rum.
- Whip the double cream and carefully and evenly fold into the chocolate mix.
- Spoon this evenly over the biscuit base and smooth out the top.
- Place back in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but I always find leaving it overnight creates a lovely thick and creamy texture.
- Finally, when ready to serve top the cake with the summer berries.
Let me know your opinions or even variations on this recipe :)
Thanks for stopping by