I love this dessert as its delicious, simple and you don't feel guilty after eating it! Great as a light yet luxurious dessert, perfect if you are dieting!
- 2 fairly ripe nectarines
- 200 ml of boiling water
- 4 tbsp Caster sugar
- Lemon zest
- Put the boiling water in a sauce pan and dissolve the sugar into it, and reduce very slightly.
- Add the nectarines and place the lid on the pan, lightly poach the nectarines for 2 -3 three minutes, turning over once to allow both sides to cook. Do not poach for longer than three minutes, as the fruits will loose their firmness.
- Using a spoon with holes in it, remove the nectarines from the syrup (which should have turned a pink colour from the fruit skins) and place on a plate top side down.
- Turn up the heat on the syrup, add the lemon zest and reduce until fairly thick in consistency.
- Carefully peel the skins from the nectarines, place topside down again, and pop to cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and set aside.
- When the nectarines are chilled, carefully spoon the syrup over them, and serve with either a curl of whipped cream or luxury vanilla ice cream/gellato.
Thanks For Stopping By