This recipe was an experimentation with an unwanted box of tropical muesli that went right I guess! These slices are great for a quick breakfast, lunch box fillers or even an afternoon snack :) Sorry about using the cup volume system for this recipe but as it was an experiment I don't have the grammage (exact amounts).
- 1 Cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup of natural honey
- 2 Tbs of brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup of tropical muesli or a muesli with a large amount of rolled oats.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190
- Mix the oil, honey and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth, don't worry that the oil remains separate at this point.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and using a whisk mix until all the mixture has become one (no oil should be separate at this point) smooth mix.
- Sift in the flour and salt, and using either a silicon spatula or wooden spoon, work the mixture until it is lump free and creamy in colour.
- Now stir in the granola, ensuring it is distributed evenly in the mixture.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a small baking tray lined with grease proof paper, and gently spread into the corners. Make sure the mixture is evenly spread and flat as possible - if mixture is sticking up or higher in places it will burn.
- When the cake is golden in colour remove from the oven, it should be springy to the touch and when a skewer is pushed into the center no uncooked mixture should be visible on it.
- Turn the cake out carefully onto a plate, and peel away the grease proof paper.
- Turn the cake up the right way, cut length way in half through the middle, then proceed to cut each half into small slices.
- If the slices still look gooey in the center place the slices onto a larger baking tray and bake for a few more minutes.
- Once the slices are done place on a cooling rack and leave until completely cool.
Next week I will show you how to make a really quick and easy prawn salad :)
Thanks For Stopping By :)